Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2011

Escape To The Totally New Renault 21

   Well the car was new back in 1989 when the television commercial was being filmed at Portmeirion. You may recall a previous blog on the subject, along with a link to the video of the commercial on YouTube. Well I spent a day in July with the film crew, as they filmed their commercial at Portmeirion, being there on holiday at the time. Here are a handful of the photographs I took at the time.
           


















The director



           Actor Neil Duncan as 21.



  Actor Neil Duncan who himself was a fan of the Prisoner at the time, a relation had bought him the series on Channel 5 video. Neil would go on to appear in the Sherlock Holmes series on ITV in The Hound of The Baskervilles as Dr. Mortimer.

   At the time, I had never realized just how dull and boring much of film work can be, and all those members of the production crew who stood about doing nothing for hours at a time, or at least that is the impression they gave. But at least I got to meet and talk to Neil Duncan. I also enjoyed a conversation with the director, who allowed me to roam about and take photographs as I saw fit.

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment