Search This Blog

Sunday 9 October 2011

Collectors Corner

       I have a set of these Channel 5 videos from 1986-87, but I never once came across one signed by Patrick McGoohan, but they do come up for sale now and again on ebay. How many of these signed video sleeves were produced? I've absolutely no idea, but of course it's just a printed, reproduced signature, not actually signed by McGoohan himself. But the blazer seen on the front of the sleeve was one of the piped blazers to be worn by Patrick McGoohan in the series.       Be seeing you

2 comments:

  1. There was a competition to win one of these signed videos in Starburst magazine at the time. I was so desperate to win that I got all my friends and family to send off postcards for me. It payed off - I won two!

    I don't know what you have seen on eBay but my two video covers have actual real signatures on them and are certainly not a repro-printed job - and you won't be seeing them on eBay in my life-time, I can tell you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mister Rooney

    Ah, I was unaware of a competition for those signed video sleeves, if I had been, I might have had a go myself.

    It is difficult to tell how the video sleeve has been signed in the above picture, to me it looks like one of those auto signatures you see about these days. And the seller of the video was asking a mere £9.99p, which to me sounds cheap for such an item, if its a genuine thing. Not when you consider that a copy of Robert Fairclough's vol 2 of his 'Prisoner' script books sold in the region of £77 because of three signatures in the book, not one of which was McGoohan's.

    Your two signed video sleeves are indeed collectors items, and I can see why you would want to keep them, good for you.

    Regards
    David
    BCNU

    ReplyDelete