Search This Blog

Monday 6 February 2012

A Penny Farthing Up-Grade!



   This is not a piece of blog about the Prisoner, nor is it technically about the Village either. Yet I feel it comes within the scope of my field simply because of the Penny Farthing bicycle being the logo or emblem of the Village. This one has the look of an anicient Penny Farthing, from a more elegant age. Yet if you look carefully, there are two innovations on this model. The small spring set just in front of the farthing wheel, and of course the addition of an engine. I found this picture while trawling the world wide web yesterday, and could not resist posting it here.

BCNU

4 comments:

  1. Built for the Movie "Wild Wild West" by Greg at Rideable Bicycle Replicas http://www.hiwheel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Matthew,

    Thank you for the imformation. I like American westerns, but "Wild Wild West" seems to have gone under my radar, one to look out for I feel.

    Regards
    David
    BCNU

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these exists in real life at the Barber Motorsports Museum and it is hanging right at the entrance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Thank you for sharing that piece of information, I never realised. Could it be the same one from the film 'Wild Wild West,' or is it another one do you know?

      Very kind ragards
      David
      Be seeing you

      Delete