Search This Blog

Monday 11 February 2013

60 Second Interview With No.26


No.113 "Martha isn't it?"
No.26 "What do you want?"
No.113b "Smile" {click goes the camera}
No.113 "Don't be like that."
"Well what do you want?"
"You came here with Number Two didn't you?"
"My mistress talked me into it, she said I would like it here. That it even has it's own retirement home."
"Your mistress being?"
"Mrs.....look who are you?"
"I am No.113, this is my photographic colleague No.113b. We contribute to the tally ho you know."
""Smile" {click goes the camera}
"No I didn't know."
"Well we do, and yours is the kind of human story that our readers are interested in."
"What are you talking about?"
"Well you've been brought here due to no fault of your own. You shouldn't even be here."
"There's some truth in what you say. My mistress had me come here with her, and I served her unquestioningly. And what did she do?"
"Went away and left you here."
"You know?"
"Of course. I've read your file, just for background information you know."
"Look if you don't mind.....if I told you my story, what's in it for me?"
"Well I could buy you a bag of sweets. I noticed you having an argument with the man at the kiosk."
"Sweets! Who wants sweets? I want a packet of cigarettes. I can't go a whole day without my cigarettes!"
No.113 addressing the man at the kiosk "A packet of cigarettes for the lady."

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment