Search This Blog

Thursday 19 September 2013

Who's That On The Telephono?


    Nadia "Hello, who is this?"
    No.2 "I'm on turquoise. I can see that you are on a continental telephono."
    No.6 "Can't resit playing games can you?"
    "Good morning."
    No.6 "That's right, put the woman at her ease!"
    "Quite recovered, no ill effects from the journey I trust?"
    "As if you care!"
    "Quiet Number Six!"
    Nadia "Who is this? Where am I?"
    "There's nothing to be afraid of."
    "She's everything to be afraid of!"
    "I shan't tell you again!"
    "What?"
    "No, not you my dear. I was speaking to Number Six."
    "Number who?"
    "No not who, Six, we do not use names here."
    "Isn't Six a name then?"
    "No, its a number, Number Six."
    "So I call him Mister Number Six."
    "No you call him Six.........oh never mind!"
    "What do I call you?"
    No.6 "I could think of a name or two!"
    "Quiet! Come and have lunch with me, Number Two the Green Dome," {hangs up the phone}
    "A most pleasant addition, I'm sure you'll agree. I hope you'll be neighbourly."
    "I'll ask her in for a nightcap this evening."
    "Naughty, naughty! But that's the way Number Six, why didn't I think of that? Pour some gin down her, you'll soon get her talking!"
    "Don't expect me to do your dirty work. What do you think I am, your assistant or something?"
    "Well you give a jolly good impression Number Six."
   
Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment