Search This Blog

Thursday 17 October 2013

Thought For The Day

    I used to think that in 'Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling' the character of Sir Charles Portland was superfluous. After all on the past two occasions when No.6 had thought he had escaped, he automatically went running back to his own people, that of the Colonel. But in 'Do Not Forsake Me Oh My darling' No.6 went running back to Sir Charles Portland, and that didn't really seem to sit well with me, possibly because on the two previous occasions he'd always gone to see the Colonel. But then suddenly the reason dawned on me, after all these years, I can understand why. No.6 had to go running back to someone other than the Colonel on this occasion, because the Colonel's mind was other-wise engaged, back in the Village! It's so simple when you think about it, and I've been slow in picking up on that, in this case about forty-six years slow!

I'll be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment