Search This Blog

Monday 16 December 2013

60 Second Interview With Mrs. Butterworth

    No.113: “It must have come as a bit of a shock for your visitor to find you ensconced in his home.”
    Mrs. Butterworth: “Yes I suppose it must. But then he did let the lease lapse.
Well yes, and his car?”
    “The estate agent said the car was for sale, and I've always had a taste for a little speed.”
    “Estate agents - car salesmen! In your opinion the car came with the house?”
    “I suppose you could put it like that.”
    “You are a widow?”
    “Yes, dear Arthur.”
    “Your husband, was a Naval man?”
    “Yes. What does your friend think he doing?”
    “Oh don't worry about him, he's a professional photographer.”
    “Why the tape measure?”
    “Oh, he's just measuring you up to take your photograph.”
    No.113b “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “If you don't mind my saying so Mrs. Butterworth, but you seem a little annoyed.”
    “Well he hasn't brought my car back!”
    “I'm sorry?”
    “This stranger to whom I lent my car, who promised to come back, has not brought my car back!”
    “That was a stupid thing to do wasn't it, lending your car to a complete stranger?
His story was very convincing. He told me he was an exile!”
    “And you fell for that old sob story!”
    “Look, I don't know who you are, but I think its time you both went!”
{It was at this point that Mrs. Butterworth's maid - Martha, saw us to the door and off the premises}

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment