Search This Blog

Friday 21 February 2014

Quote For The Day

   “I am not a number, I am a free man!”
    It’s no good the Prisoner shouting his protestations now, because he was a number long before his being designated Number 6, when he was ZM73! As for being “a free man,” well he’s a prisoner now and he’d better get used to it. And yet there is another way of looking at it “I am not a number, I am a free man” could derive from the fact that he’s no longer a number, ZM73, because he has resigned his job, making him a free man! On the other hand, the Prisoner could be protesting the fact that when he asked who Number 1 is, the answer comes back “You are Number Six,” so when the Prisoner shouts “I am not a number” could be in defiance that he’s not Number 1,and therefore not responsible for the Village!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment