Search This Blog

Thursday 17 April 2014

Pictorial Prisoner!

    As soon as I heard that Catherine McGoohan was to attend the Prisoner convention this year I knew I had to ask a question via an old friend of mine, one that has been puzzling for quite a long time. It was Tony Sloman who was film librarian on 'the Prisoner' who said that it was Catherine McGoohan who stood in for Nadia Gray during that romantic scene on the evening of 'The Chimes of Big Ben.' I thought it strange as Catherine would only be fourteen years of age, and why use one of McGoohan's daughters for McGoohan to put his arm around?
   Anyway the question was asked of Catherine McGoohan and she confirmed that it is not her in that scene. Thus a long held myth has been dispelled, Tony Sloman was wrong!
    This brings me back to the woman in the light blue Jersey and dark blue slacks in the following picture, walking ahead of the parade during the 'Dance of the Dead' episode.
   The woman's build is the same as Nadia Gray, her hair the same colour as is the hair style itself. I don't know who this woman is, I can only imagine she is one of the production crew, and my money is on her as the stand-in for Nadia Gray. Camera operator Jack Lowen filmed that scene, but said he couldn't remember who the stand-in for Nadia Gray was!

BCNU

No comments:

Post a Comment