Search This Blog

Monday 27 October 2014

60 Second Interview With A late Number 2


    No.113 “Why are you late?”
    No.2:  “I think it was the drink!”
    “You certainly seem a bit shaky. Good night was it?”
    No.113b “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “It might have been the drink.”
    “Aren’t you sure?”
    “You can't be sure of anything in this place!”
    “You mean that some secrets are held back, even from a late Number Two?”
    “It would seem so. I’m not feeling quite myself.”
    “You don’t look like your old self.”
    “What do you mean by that?”
    “Well we all change from time to time.”
     Number 113b “What physically?”
    “Shut up!”
    “Number 6 once grew a moustache over night….”
    “Shut up!”
    “I’ve got to get another picture of this. Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “You came here of your own free will?”
    “Did I? I don’t seem to remember.”
    “I’ve read your file, you were once a prisoner no better than Number Six over there.”
    “Was I?”
    “But it didn’t take you long to rise in the ranks.”
    “Just a minute! I resisted…..”
    “Not for very long obviously!”
    “Why do you say that?”
    “You attained the position of Number Two.”
    “And now I’m late!”
    “What like the white rabbit?”
    “This isn’t Alice in Wonderland.”
    “Some will not be too sure about that.”
    “What do you mean?”
    “Well originally you did disappear down a hole to arrive in this Underworld.”
    The President “When you have quite finished over there!”
    “There you are. Now you’ve made me late!”
    “You died!”
    “Died?”
    “They just resuscitated you.”
    “They couldn’t even let me rest in peace. They resurrected me!”
    “If you like.”
    “Then this is my second coming!”
    “Oh no!”
    “I feel a new man!”
    “Here we go!”
    “My Lords ladies and gentlemen….a most extraordinary thing happened to me on my way here……”
    “First of all we had Ezekiel and his old bones. Now we have a second coming. This should be good!”

Reporter No.113
Photograph by No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment