Search This Blog

Sunday 19 July 2015

Desktop Prisoner!

   Enthusiasts for ‘the Prisoner’ may well recall how in 2014 Larry Green Productions produced, for the first time ever, a unique piece of merchandise relating to ‘the Prisoner.’ A “life-size” cardboard cut-out, stand-up figure of the Prisoner-Number 6-Patrick McGoohan, which was produced through consultation between ITV Studios, and Joan McGoohan, Patrick’s widow. Number 6 stands at 6 feet 2 inches tall, and is extremely life-like.
  I remembered how several years ago now, I myself created a “desktop” cardboard cut-out of the Prisoner, it was about eleven inches tall. There he stood upon my desk watching me as I sat there writing. It was a complete one-off, just something I made for my own amusement. Well enthusiasts for ‘the Prisoner’ do that kind of thing, they like to be creative.
   What happened to that desktop Prisoner? Eventually he escaped…..into the wastepaper basket!

Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment