Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 January 2017

60 Second Interview With The Supervisor-No.26

    No.113 “Have you got a moment?”
    “If I had a moment do you think I’d waste it talking to the likes of you?”
    “You don’t know me!”
    “I know you. You’re Number One-one-three a newspaper reporter, and he’s your photographic colleague Number One-one-three b.”

    “We contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    “Yes I know. What do you want?”
    “You are the Supervisor.”
    “I’m one of the Supervisors yes.”
    “You work in the Control Room.”
    No.113b “Smile” {Click goes the camera}
    “The Control room is my sanctum, you’re the boss there.”
    “If you like.”
    “Certainly you are in a far better position that Number Two.”
    “How do you work that out?”
    “Well you lost your position only once.”
    “How do you know about that?”
    “Word gets about, this is a small village you know.”
    “It was merely a slight administrative error.”
    “Really, sounded more like you having been given the sack.”
    “That was due to a temporary breakdown in control. Soon after which I was reinstated to my rightful position.”
    “Smile” {click goes the camera}
    “Precisely my point.”
    “I don’t see it.”
    “Well how long does any Number Two last in the job, three days, a week, a month, six weeks? But you, and Supervisors like you are part of the woodwork.”
    “Nice of you to say so.”
    “Rumour has it you once spoke to Number One.”
    “Well it was only for a second or two.”
    “What is he like?”
    “Well it’s difficult to say really, but it was his voice........”
    “His voice, what about his voice?”
    “He sounded like Number Six!”

Reporter No.113
Photographer No.113b

No comments:

Post a Comment