Search This Blog

Thursday 12 April 2018

60 Second Interview No.22

    “Just a minute Number Fourteen.”
    “Who did you call me?”
    Number Fourteen……oh, you’re not Number Fourteen!”
    “No, I’m Number Twenty-two.”
    “Two little ducks twenty-two…..bingo!”
    “What did he say?”
    “He didn’t say anything. I am Number One-one-three, and this is my photographic colleague Number One-one-three-b, we contribute to The Tally Ho.”
    No.113b “Smile!” Click goes the camera.
    “Why did you call me Number Fourteen?”
    “Because that is who we thought you were.”
    “Why?”
    “Well you dress the same. Are of roughly the same height, have similar hair colouring and style.”
    “I haven’t the foggiest idea who you are talking about.”
    “And why should you. What is it you do again?”
    “I’m Number Two’s assistant.”
    “Ah, so was Number Fourteen.”
    “Was?”
    “Sorry?”
    “Was, you said was?”
    “Well he’s dead, he was found at the foot of 6 Private with his neck broken!. It appears he fell over the balcony to his death.”
    “You thought I was a ghost!”
    “Well we are investigating paranormal activity in The Village.”
    “Paranormal activity, is there any?”
    “No! Number One-one-three-b has set up a number of trip cameras, but without result. But one thing is becoming clear……this Village is full of doubles, doppelgangers, and look-a-likes, and dress-a-likes. He’s one of them.”
    “Is he?”
    “And you are another, that’s why we made the mistake.”
    “But you said Number Fourteen died of a broken neck.”
    “Yes.”
    “When?”
    “When Number Six threw him out of his cottage through the French window.”
    “So I am no longer a double, look-a-like, or dress-a-like for anyone. I am unique!”
    “Ah!”
    “So you are clearly wasting your time, now buzz off!”


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment