Search This Blog

Monday 16 April 2018

Quote For The Day

    “You receiving me?”
    “Loud and clear.”
    “Quite a beautiful place really isn’t it……… almost like a world on its own.”
    “I shall miss it when I’m gone.”
    “Oh it will grow on you. We have everything here, water, electricity. There’s the council building. We have our own council democratically elected, we also use it for public meetings, amateur theatricals.”
    “Fascinating.”
    “Yes indeed. There’s the restaurant. Now did you know we even have our own little newspaper?”
    “You must send me a copy.”
    “Ha, ha you’ll be the death of me. We also have our own graveyard. But you’d be more interested in our social club I think. members only, but I’ll see what I can do for you.”
    “You’re too kind!”
    “Now if you have any problems there’s the Citizens Advice Bureau, they do a marvellous job. Everybody’s very nice. You might even meet people you know.”
                                 {Number 2 and the Prisoner – Arrival}

    Is every new arrival treated to an aerial tour of The Village, or was it simply for the benefit of the Prisoner, and if so why? And while we’re about it, why is the Butler piloting the helicopter, and not the usual helicopter pilot? As for missing The Village when he’s gone, well that used to be true of me, it did grow on me so much so that I would go back at least once a year, but I’m long over it now!
   As for the Prisoner having problems, of which he’ll have several during his time in The Village, but whether or not the citizens advice bureau will be able to help him with his problems is another matter! A social club, members only, might that be the Cat and Mouse nightclub seen in ‘Free For All,’ that has a sign saying “Members Only.” Number 6 spent an evening drinking there during the election, he must have joined as a member. Well Number 2 did say he would see what he could do. The Village also has its own little newspaper, little news paper I like that. It’s hardly the parish newsletter, it’s a single sheet broadsheet. A broadsheet is the largest newspaper format and is characterized by long vertical pages (typically 22 inches or 56 centimetres). The term derives from types of popular prints usually just of a single sheet, sold on the streets and containing various types of material, from ballads to political satire. The first broadsheet newspaper was the Dutch Courante uyt Italien, Duytslandt, &c. published in 1618


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment