Search This Blog

Sunday 6 May 2018

Thought For The Day

    File Number 6, section forty-two, subsection one, paragraph one, back to the beginning! What back to the day the Prisoner first arrived in The Village, what would be the point of that? No what Number 2 meant was ‘The Chimes of Big Ben’ had been a failure, so it’s back to the beginning to start all over again, no not back to the day the Prisoner first arrived in The Village, back to the beginning and start with another plan, which in this case turned out to be ‘Free For All’ and we know how that all turned out.
   I recall when that phrase “Back to the beginning was used once before, at the end of that documentary about ‘the Prisoner.’ The television viewer had been put through the ordeal of Six Into One: The Prisoner File in 1984. I watched that thinking I was going to learn something about ‘the Prisoner,’ I didn’t! In fact the presenter, Saul Reichlin, went all around the houses trying to be so very clever, and it all turned out, well for me personally, it turned out to be a complete waste of time! Back to the beginning indeed....but then there was always the infamous L.A. Tape run it, run it now.......thankfully that’s when Six Into One: The Prisoner File came to a close. Have you watched that L. A. Tape? There was a great deal of fuss about that tape when it was first released, I couldn’t see what all the fuss was about myself, and I wasn’t the only one.
    I was given a copy of ‘the prisoner documentary’ ‘In My Mind’ for Christmas, and I still haven’t watched yet, and really it’s about time I did. But it’s always been a question of time!


Be seeing you

No comments:

Post a Comment